The Essential Productivity Apps Everyone Should Use in 2023
By Alex • Updated Mar 26, 2023
When it comes to increasing your productivity, the right tools can make all the difference, and in 2023, there are more productivity apps than ever before.
This article highlights the essential productivity apps across various categories that everyone should use, ranging from clipboard managers to habit trackers.
With these tools at your disposal, you'll be well-equipped to tackle your daily tasks and stay on track to achieve your goals.
Essential productivity apps by category
- A clipboard manager like ClipClip
- A distraction blocker like Freedom
- An email client like Superhuman
- A habit tracker like Habitify
- A time blocking app like Sunsama
1. A clipboard manager like ClipClip
- Pricing: $2.95/month
- Available on: Windows
- Pro: Ease of use
- Con: No cross-device sync
- Extra features: Screenshots, OCR extraction, and translation
ClipClip is a clipboard manager software for Windows that makes it possible to copy multiple texts, images or files to your clipboard.
2. A distraction blocker like Freedom
- Pricing: $8.99/month (or $3.33/month billed annually)
- Available on: Chrome, Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, Chromebook, Linux
- Pro: Feature-rich
- Con: Outdated UI
- Extra features: Cross-device sync, advance scheduling, ambient noise
Easily block websites and apps on your computer, phone, and tablet with Freedom. The original and best website and internet blocker - Freedom blocks distractions so you can be more focused and productive. Try it for free today!
3. An email client like Superhuman
- Pricing: $30/month
- Available on: Web, iPhone
- Pro: Optimized for speed
- Con: Expensive
- Extra features: Read receipts, undo send, spit inboxes, sender social insights
Superhuman rebuilt the inbox from the ground up to make you brilliant at what you do. It is gorgeous. Blazingly fast. And comes with advanced features.
4. A habit tracker like Habitify
- Available on: Web, Mac, iPhone, Android
- Price: from $4.99/month
- User Ratings
- Apple App Store: 4.3 ★ (399+ ratings)
- Google Play Store: 4.2 ★ (3,060+ ratings)
- Advanced features: Time goals
Track, analyze, build up routines and habits with Habitify to unlock your full potential.
5. A time blocking app like Sunsama
- Available on: Web, Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android
- Price: $20/month (or $16/month billed annually)
- User Ratings: 4.0 ★ (93+ ratings) on Product Hunt
- Advanced features: Guided planning, auto-scheduling, weekly planning
Our Take: Sunsama is an all-around good time blocking solution with a sleek interface and helpful guided planning workflows. If price is not an issue we recommend trying it out, but if you are price-conscious we recommend checking out one of the cheaper options below.
In conclusion, having the right set of productivity apps at your fingertips can significantly improve your daily efficiency and make it easier to manage your tasks and goals.
By leveraging the power of these essential tools you'll be well on your way to a more productive and successful life.
All basic productivity apps
Windows Clipboard History
Apple Screen Time
Cold Turkey Blocker
Way of Life